Friday, June 19, 2009

Welcome Greenies

About, oh, two years ago I read an article in the NY Times about No Impact Man. In a few words, No Impact Man is a guy who asked his obviously adoring wife to live a no impact life. I was intrigued and inspired, but after reading the plan I realized quickly that I didn't have the time, the will power or the bank account to make it a reality for me.

In other words, no impact was a no go.

But since that time, I've been able to make small changes to my life that ease my conscience and help me feel like I'm doing my little part.

I love the snowy tips of the rocky mountains in my native Colorado. I love the gorgeous flowing rivers of my once home Montana. And I love being able to grab the pup and be in the hills in 20 minutes in my now home Utah.

But lets face it, I'm not a no impact kind of girl, I'm a city girl. I live in a darling condo downtown, I love new shoes, and I live for travel, music, and time with my rockstar friends...usually at a good restaurant. I'm a downtown girl with a big green heart.

So I've decided to devote this blog to the little things that make us green. And yes, I know, green is a relative term. To me, green is living a healthy, happy life while doing those things that lessen our impact on the environment. General statement? Yes, but the details will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment