Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ivy of Ivanhoe

The beauty of this blog is that I am now accountable to my readers {Ben}. When I hop in my SUV and drive to work rather than walk, I feel like I'm letting down more than myself. Which I hope is a good thing, because lets face it, sometimes you need someone to keep you honest.

So speaking of walking to work, I thought an appropriate topic for todays post would be to explain why I love love love my little condo in downtown Salt Lake. And why I feel it makes me a little more green.

The condo, lets call it Ivy since its part of Ivanhoe, was built in 1908. I adore the old character of the building and think the renovation was simply stunning.
Buying in city centers helps to create sustainable cities and promotes quality growth...building up instead of out. I also feel good about buying a conversion property rather than new development. Granted its not as though I'm building out of garbage like this very cool article suggests, but I'm doing something rather than nothing. Right?
Oh, and as an aside, there happens to be a condo for sale in my building. Check out the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. i love this idea, i love the city, i love that you are engaged to your true love and i just love you!

    ReplyDelete