Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Buy Local

Living downtown has its perks to be sure. One of the great things about living on Broadway {yes, I live on Broadway in SLC} is all of the great businesses within walking distance.

Here's a pretty obvious one, walking is good for the you and good for the environment. So living in a place where businesses are within walking distance...double plus.

One of my favorite restaurants just a few blocks from the condo is Oasis Cafe. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes local, organic food isn't quite as awesome as a burger and fries at Five Guys. But Oasis has some amazing dishes, including the absolutely amazing The Mediterranean:
Grilled Yukon Gold potatoes, roasted red onions, kalamata olives, tomatoes, feta cheese and hummus, served over field greens in a roasted garlic vinaigrette. Yep, this is as good as it gets. You need a picture to truly appreciate this dish...which gives me an excuse to walk around the corner and eat there. Stay tuned.

I'm also happy to report that Oasis is part of the Buy Local First project. I love frequenting local businesses and I also happen to love their logo. A+ for good design.

4 comments:

  1. Kim, I'm so glad that you started a blog! Your post made me hungry for the Oasis cafe. Remember how we went their for my birthday a few years ago? Let's visit it again soon! Keep writing - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim! So fun to find your blog. Come buy Green vegetables from me at the farmers market every Saturday morning. Yep that is right my dad retired father and now grows vegetables at the family farm in Orem. 100% organic with lots of child labor. (he makes my younger sibling pick and weed and I help sell but I guess I don't count as a child even though I am his child.) our booth is on the North West corner. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement girls! Lynz, Oasis is it! Joanie, I'm actually planning on coming to the farmers market tomorrow, I need to take pictures of you and your booth for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would give anything for oasis cafe right now. that is the salad served at our wedding dinner. miss u

    ReplyDelete