Friday, July 10, 2009

Nana's Sock Monkey

Here is a little tribute to the creativity of my one and only MOTHER! I think I took it for granted when I was growing up because the creative force was always with my mom, Colleen. I didn't realize quite how extraordinary until later in life when I realized that not all moms recycled memorable old sweatshirts into blankets or hand stitch Christmas stockings. I've been called little Colleen since I was about 5, due to our extreme twin-ness. My hope is that I've inherited her creative gene as well as her looks! Her latest project is one of her greatest, and its been a huge hit...she makes adorable sock monkeys. So cute. She started out making just a few for baby shower gifts but quickly became enveloped in sock monkey mania and now has devoted an entire room to the monkeys...although my dad might tell you that honestly the monkies have taken over most of the house.

These are some of the early monkeys made for my two little nephews {this is why I call them Nana's monkeys, because my mom is Nana to all her little grandbabies.} My very clever cousin Heidi had the idea to use the monkey to measure her little baby girl Sadie's growth. And the trend caught on because my other cousin David is doing the same thing for his baby boy!


Look at how adorable these monkeys look next to these little darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment